Post Tensioned concrete looks and acts just like any other reinforced concrete.
Post Tensioning is simply a way to reinforce concrete in a more active way than just placing reinforcing steel.
Post Tensioning, which is a form of pre-stressing, has several advantages over standard reinforcing steel (rebars):
- It reduces or eliminates shrinkage cracking
- Cracks that do form are held tightly together
- It allows slabs and other structural members to be thinner
- It allows us to build slabs on expansive or soft soils
- It lets us design longer spans in elevated members, like floors or beams
Contact Platinum Steel to learn more about our Post Tensioning Services.